Derek Anthony Moore dedicated his life to helping disadvantaged people. Even though in his own mind he could never do enough, he was persistent in helping those in need. September 4,1996 marks an untimely end of Derek's life, becoming another innocent victim of street violence. But it also marks the beginning of what would become his legacy. DAMCI is Derek's burning torch, lighting the way to a better life for many.
Some of the city's most vulnerable and needy are in fights to restore hope and dignity to their lives. Mothers need support, children need a safe place to play, learn and grow, and the elderly need to know that they are still a valuable part of our community.
At DAMCI, we know that our communities are filled with people in need of assistance. We partner with community leaders, churches and schools to provide support for low income families, at-risk youth and the elderly. Our goal is to enhance the quality of life and provide a helping hand for those in need of assistance.
DAMCI’s mission is to continue the work that Derek began many years ago and create a window of opportunity for the less fortunate. With Derek’s vision and your help, we know that we can make a difference.
DAMCI’s mission is to enhance the quality of life for community residents, focusing on low income families, at risk youth and the elderly.
• We provide support to summer enrichment programs and day camps designed to keep the youth engaged and positively stimulated.
• We are currently in the developmental stages of community centers for the youth.
• We provide temporary assistance to low income persons, at risk youth and the elderly.
• We provide scholarships to at risk students to further their education and create better job opportunities.
• We serve as a referral and support service for persons seeking relief from family abuse, community violence and substance abuse.
• Provide funding for at-risk youth to attend summer enrichment programs and day camps.
• Provide scholarships to at-risk to further their education and create better job opportunity.
• Provide temporary assistance to low-income persons, atrisk youth and the elderly.
• Sponsor a support group for mothers of murdered children.
• Serve as a referral service for persons seeking relief from family abuse, community violence and substance abuse.
Meet Our Sponsors
This section contains
• Business Opportunities
• Event Opportunities
• Education Opportunities
• Worship Opportunities
Click here to see the video of DAMCI GALA "2008" Chairperson/Executive Director Rev. Dr. E. Jean Brockington